Friday 28 January 2011

Every day is like Sunday..

Nearly done with January. A month so boring, the actual highlight has been that I put a new head on my electric toothbrush. Always feels like the hangover after the excitement (excitement = high blood pressure and panic) of christmas.

January would be better later in the year, sometime warmer. It's asking for trouble trying to start new years resolutions in the bleak mid winter when broke. Who wants to be eating salad and jogging when any sane response would be to curl up under the duvet with something steaming and get.. well.. steaming.

After the excess of christmas, it's like jumping straight out of bed into a cold shower in the morning, rather than hitting the snooze several times, running downstairs to pop the heating on, and having an extra 20 minutes in bed to "let the house warm up".

So in the spirit of gradually easing myself into the year, hitting the metaphorical snooze button and, erm I suppose, allowing my metaphorical house to warm up (?) my January resolution is to stop drinking Baileys. So much. I can report a resounding success. Go me.


1 comment:

  1. I resolved to drink less Baileys by default because Chris drank the whole friggin bottle before I realised!

    ReplyDelete